Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Welcome, former T-R staffers...

Former T-R Managing Editor Sandy Stewart and I talked about creating blog especially to serve former T-R employees, who have either retired or moved on to other careers and positions after serving a stint on Wabash Ave. NW (or on N. Broadway or on Reporter Ct.)
We'd like to hear about your lives since you left and, of course, your thoughts on just about anything.
Perhaps down the road we can plan a reunion or luncheon or something to get us back together again. There are better places to meet than funeral homes.
If you have some news about our old friends, please let us know. Pictures are welcome, too. Thanks.
-- Dick Farrell

3 comments:

  1. I think we should have a luncheon or breakfast every other month. I believe the retirees and the former employees would really enjoy that. I miss all of you!
    Jack Shores

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jack. Every other month would be wonderful. I miss you guys a lot. When I go to the newsroom now (very rarely) it looks so empty and so sad. I would love to get together with everybody. I am keeping busy with Hot Line (people know I'm at home more now and they can get me by phone, e-mail and personal visits to surprise me at my door) and various clubs I joined, but I really miss the crowd I used to work with. YES, LET'S GET TOGETHER WHILE WE CAN STILL WALK! Anna Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried so hard to post a comment in my life! Well Dick and Jack.....one last time I will try to post. I have recently joined the ranks of the "former" TR employees. I would like to stay in contact with everyone and I was happy to find this site. I am currently getting to launch my new business. Hope I get invited to the former TR get togethers! Sarah Grezlik

    ReplyDelete